Saturday, March 22, 2008

'Claire'

Urg! So, I have this friend that is really annoying me lately. But we have bee friends for a long time and even though I'm mad, it just doesn't seem right for us to not be friends anymore. It's not really even a fight,. we just aren't talking or hanging out at all. The thing that's making me mad is, she just... changed. She didn't insult me or say anything about me behind my back (well, i hope so! i haven't heard anything yet, and she's not like that.), she just started turning into someone else. She's still 'Claire' (yes, a made up name), but she's ... different. She looks different, talks different, has new best friends. I don't know how it happened. I guess it was over the course of about a month. She started changing, and I guess I stayed the same. I was mad that she changed ad left me behind, like she was shedding her skin and I was part of that.  And even though I'm mad and don't talk to her anymore, I really miss being her friend. But the thing is, I like the old 'Claire', not the new one. And I can't change her. It's her decision. But I can't help thinking - Did I do something that made her not want to be her friend anymore? Is it my fault all those years of being friends just stopped? Is it anyones fault? Is this part of 'growing up' because it SUCKS!

Man, we were so close. We had special codes and inside jokes (so many we started making a book of them!) We used to tell each other everything, and hang out all the time. She was the only friend I would invite over and we used to start planning our parties months in advance, and it was totally without saying that the other was coming early to help set up and staying over even if no one else was. We even hosted a Halloween party together! She stayed over for 3 days once. She only lives a block away and she knows so much about me I'm kind of uncomfortable now that we're not friends, but even though I'm really mad at her, I know that she's a good friend and would never tell anyone. But how come we're not friends anymore? Did we just drift apart? Do either of us really have a good reason? I wish she would tell me what I did wrong.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

laura xo said...

read my newest blog about that!
and I'm glad that we're friends again♥